The Psychotherapy and Emotion Research Laboratory focuses on the following issues:
- Treatment mechanisms: How does cognitive behavioral therapy work? What is the mechanism of treatment change, and what are the active ingredients? How can treatments be improved further?
- Translational research: How can we translate knowledge from basic neuroscience into clinical techniques to enhance therapies for anxiety disorders?
- Culture and mental health: What are the culture-specific expressions of mental disorders, and how can psychological treatments be made more culturally sensitive in order to enhance their efficacy, dissemination, and acceptability?
- Emotion research: What are the effects of emotion regulation strategies on anxiety and subjective well-being?
- Psychopathology and nosology: What is the psychopathology of social anxiety disorder? Are there any meaningful subgroups?
The Psychotherapy and Emotion Research Laboratory is affiliated with: